In this episode, Aimy Steadman of Future Proof shares the journey she and her business partners went through in building Future Proof and BeatBox Beverages. From college incubator to Shark Tank, and now on to a growing beverage brand founded on the belief that future generations will continue to demand products that authentically connect with their lifestyle, Aimy has been through quite a journey.
Outside of her day-to-day responsibilities as COO of Future Proof, Aimy is also a board member with Naturally Network, Naturally Austin, EO, Beam Founders, and several other organizations. In other words, she is a big believer in community and giving back!
In our conversation, Aimy shared many insights that will resonate with entrepreneurs today, including the value of outside mentors, building and running your business in a systematic manner, and staying true to the future you are building.
Key Takeaway: As Aimy states, “Be the Change” you want to see in your industry and culture. Culture can either be something you build intentionally in your business or something that develops on its own. One path allows you to control and direct that culture.
- Community is your superpower as an entrepreneur. Network and join groups to surround yourself with best-in-class thinkers in your industry. My close entrepreneur community in Austin helps me navigate through the tough times, and they are also who I celebrate my wins with.
- I owe a lot of my success to learning early on that I love my business, and it’s a huge part of me, but it’s not my entire identity. That perspective helps me handle the ups and downs of being an entrepreneur in a healthier way.
- Taking on the “woman founder” title means not only standing for your company but the vision for inclusive leadership worldwide. Women founders have the unique opportunity to change their industries to be more inclusive of women or non-binary leaders and founders from diverse backgrounds – race and physical abilities included. As a female founder, I love being able to change the game, and I’ve realized my “gentle” leadership style is actually incredibly effective. I don’t have to take on a different masculine persona to get things done.
For More Information:
- Future Proof: https://futureprf.com/
- BeatBox Beverages: https://beatboxbeverages.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/future-proof-atx/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BeatboxBeverages/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aimysteadman/